It’s moss week in our nature study! I was really excited for this one since I love moss. We collected some moss from our property over the weekend so Elliot can start studying and last night we watched a cool time lapse video of moss and lichen growing.
Today we only did a few things at home because we met up with friends for a nature hike at a really beautiful preserve:
- we learned about different varieties of moss in Nature Anatomy by Julia Rothman and cute cards by @twigandmoth
- Elliot started writing his favorite types of moss in our nature journal and painting moss with watercolors, which we will keep building on
- a worksheet practicing the letter Oal
- Read Anansi and the Moss-Covered Rock by Eric A. Kimmel
- Put all the moss samples we found from the preserve, along with what we already had in a terrarium to study
It was a fun filled day and we both look forward to more lessons tomorrow.