It’s Black Garden Ants Week in our nature study! I’ve always thought ants were super cool so I’m excited we get to learn more about them. We started with a good book about how they mate, work, and what they eat and looked at some real life pictures. Then we studied their anatomy and life cycle, had a number lesson with cute cutouts, reviewed the letter A, had line work practice. While Elliot was tracing our read aloud was a classic story, The Ant and the Grasshopper. He also created his own little ant underground scene.
- Are You an Ant? by Judy Allen and Tudor Humphries
- Ants by Sophie Lockwood
- Animal Stories – Cottage Door Press
- Black ant unit by @brighterdaypress
- Black garden ant anatomy print by @gabitatemporium
- Garden tracing worksheet by @superstarworksheets