autumncrafts, autumntreestudy, enwautumtreeweek, exploringnaturewithchildren, homeschool, learningathome, nature, trees
Finishing up with Autumn Tree Study Week, over the past few days we accomplished pretty much all that was on my list. We still need to make our ghost leaves so we will do that tomorrow.
- We learned how trees grow from The Magic & Mystery of Trees by Jen Green
- did some tree rubbings on two of our maple trees in the yard
- Elliot traced all different types of leaf shapes (linework practice) from Trees: A Rooted History by Piotr Socha & Wojciech and Grajkowski
- Had an art lesson on drawing leaves
- Created a leaf collage with leaves I collected from our yard
- Read Sky Tree by Thomas Locker and really loved the beautiful paintings
- Read Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
We both enjoyed studying trees this week. Elliot really loved that Daddy was part of some of the lessons too. Looking forward to next weeks nature study, which is all about pumpkins. Perfect timing with Halloween right around the corner.