Today we are learning all about oak trees! We started by reading about the life cycle and looked through a beautiful book showing the seasonal changes. Then we practiced the letter O and numbers with our count & clip cards, completed a color sheet and a few circle & find worksheets, and also did some line work. For our art sesh we made little acorns out of clay and caps we found last week on our nature hike.
For our afternoon lesson we read some more about oak trees and also looked at a cool book that showed creatures up close. Then Elliot completed a fun dab & dot worksheet for the letter O and we reviewed the anatomy of a tree. That’s a wrap for our spring tree study!
- Acorn to Oak Tree by Rachel Tonkin
- Oak Tree by Gordon Morrison
- Letter cards by @morningstogether
- Life cycle print by @fiddlesticks.education
- Count & clip cards by @honeycombcabin
- Oak tree coloring page by @stephhathawaydesigns
- Pen Control Workbook by @scholasticinc
- From Little Acorns: A First Look at the Life Cycle it a Tree by Sam Godwin
- Let’s Look at the Oak Tree Close Up by Caroline Allaire
- Life Cycles by DK
- Anatomy of a tree worksheet by @honeycombcabin